The Storm that Wasn’t, and 60 Questions
By the grace of God the storm didn’t hit us. It was a Category 4 typhoon that weakened to Category 3. It missed Manila almost completely–all it gave us were a few short showers and a fresh breeze. It’s unfortunate, however, that it tore up most of the Bicol region. And they just got hit a couple of months ago.
Please pray that relief operations continue and are successful. It’s a good thing that more citizens had foresight and left their houses even before the storm hit. That move may have saved a lot of lives.
Anyway, 60 questions.
1) How old do you wish you were?: If it’s just a matter of age and nothing else changing, I’m happy where I am now.
2) Where were you when 9/11 happened?: I was at home, surfing the net (or playing a game) when my dad sent me an SMS to tell me. I turned on the TV and watched. I remember crying afterwards.
3) What do you do when vending machines steal your money?: I buy another of that same item. That usually causes the stuck item to fall through. Expensive, but at least worthwhile. Unfortunately it doesn’t work with soda cans.
4) Do you consider yourself kind? I always make an effort to be kind. It doesn’t come naturally to me, but I enjoy being kind.
5) If you HAD to get a tattoo, where would it be?: My personal crest (black rampant lion on a black cross) either on my shoulder or my forearm.
6) If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
7) Do you know your neighbours?: I only know one of them because she’s an old friend of my grandma. This neighborhood has very few people my age.
8) What do you consider a holiday?: As long as I’m not supposed to work, wherever I am, it’s a holiday.
9) Do you follow your horoscope?: I find horoscopes silly. Your destiny is your choice. Why should I follow the advice of someone I don’t know?
10) Would you move for the person you loved?: If the conditions are right, yes. That isn’t an easy decision.
11) Are you touchy feely?: I love being hugged, and I enjoy hugging others, but I rarely do it. I often keep away from physical contact, especially with girls, but hey, when they need it? I’m glad to give. (Receiving hugs from girls is awesome too.)
12) Do you believe that opposites attract? Apart from magnetism, no. Not necessarily opposites. Complementary pairs, perhaps. Uniformity is boring.
13) Dream job?: My current job, teaching, but with more pay. I love teaching High school. I don’t do it for money. The honor of opening minds to the world is wonderful.
14) Favorite channel(S)?: I rarely ever watch TV, except for Discovery Channel.
15) Favorite place to go on weekends?: Starbucks in The Podium. Free wifi, good coffee.
16) Showers or Baths?: I usually take showers because I’m often in a hurry. That and we don’t have a bathtub. But relaxing in bubbles is grand.
17) Do you paint your nails?: The only tending my nails get is trimming.
18) Do you trust people easily?: I don’t usually do much that involves trust. That’s my way of avoiding distrustful people. But if something involves trust, I usually do so out of necessity.
19) What are your phobias?: I’m not afraid of blades and lightning, but I’m afraid of needles and static electricity. Go figure.
20) Do you want kids?: Two or three.
21) Do you keep a handwritten journal?: I have one but I only use it when I’m completely emo. (Or if I want it to be secret.) I have two–one notebook and one bound with a lock on the cover. But most of my writing goes into my blog.
22) Where would you rather be right now?: Hmm. Starbucks.
23) Heavy or light sleeper?: Very light.
24) Are you paranoid?: I guess you could say that. I often plan my reactions in case someone walks up to me and holds a knife to my throat. The slum across the street from the school I teach in isn’t very safe.
25) Are you impatient?: Very. I often dodge around people in the mall just because they walk so slowly.
26) Who can you relate to?: Geeks.
27) How do you feel about interracial couples?: Being in a couple in the first place implies accepting the other’s idiosyncrasies, and culture/race is part of that. Their children also often look fantastic.
28) Have you been burned by love?: It burns within me, within my bones, but cannot be let out. Its smoke clouds me eyes, chokes me with tears, but its warmth is pleasant. It does not scorch.
29) What’s your main ring tone on your cell?: Invoke by TM Revolution (Gundam SEED first OP). I really want to change it to something else, but alas, I can’t find a decent midi that will actually work.
30) What were you doing after midnight last night?: Sleeping.
31) What did the last text on your mobile phone say? “I hope it’s not just salad dressing but veggies as well.” –from my mom, who was asking me to buy salad on my way home from the gym.
32) Whose bed did you sleep in last night?: Mine.
33) What color shirt are you wearing?: Black.
35) Name three things you have on you at all times~? Wallet, mp3 player, cellphone.
36) What color are your bed sheets?: Cream
37) How much cash do you have on you right now?: Php 490. About US $10.
38) What is your favorite part of the chicken?: Breast.
39) What’s your favorite town/city?: Manila for its familiarity, Singapore for its aseptic and futuristic appearance, New York for all its good food, crassness and sights.
40) I can’t wait till: I get married? I dunno. Not like that’s gonna happen any time soon.
41) Who got you to join myspace?:I’m not on myspace. But wait, what’s so bad about it anyway?
42) What did you have for dinner last night?: Three homemade tacos.
43) How tall are you barefoot?: Somewhere between 5’8″ and 5’9″.
44) Have you ever smoked heroin?: No.
45) Do you own a gun?: Nope. I want to get an airsoft pistol or a rifle, though.
46) What do you prefer to drink in the morning?: Coffee. Preferably mocha.
47) What is your favourite weapon to lure in the opposite sex?: I don’t usually do that. I do think my most attractive parts are my eyes, though. Isn’t that sad? My general weirdness either turns them off or draws them in.
48) Do you have A.D.D.?: If I did I wouldn’t spend so much time answering this.
49) What time did you wake up today?: 5:10
50) Current worry?: Hmm. That I won’t get to finish checking projects and test papers before vacation starts on the 8th.
51) Current hate?: Mm. Being interrupted in class.
52) Favorite place to be? Right here, soaking in the radiation from my monitor.
53) Where would U like to travel?: U travels a lot. U has been in Timbuktu twice, in the UK once, and once in Russia as well. U’s never been in Sweden, though. (Seriously: I want to travel to Israel and the Mediterranean countries)
54) Where do you think you’ll be in 10 yrs?:Still teaching, but I don’t know where.
55) What songs do you sing in the shower?: Anything I currently have playing in my head. Usually Dragonforce songs.
56) What was the last thing that made you laugh? Resak’s answer to #28.
57) Worst injury you’ve ever had?: Fell on my side while going down a giant slide. It skinned my knee and elbow, and embedded a lot of splinters in my hands. That’s it.
58) Does someone have a crush on you?: I honestly don’t know. I wish? Maybe?
59) What’s your favorite candy?: Dark chocolate.
60) What song is stuck in your head?: “Legion” by Saviour Machine
Tags to whoever reads this.
In other news, I’m only one sticker away from getting that new Starbucks Planner.