The End, 2007
–When Angels Cry by After Omega
It’s a shame, as I really wanted to get a good aerial shot of the so-called [Batman building]. I’ll have to settle for a ground shot, then.
We had to go to Bugis junction instead, where I had [Laksa] for lunch. It’s wonderfully spicy to the point of being sinus-clearing. Awesome.
For dessert, we got ice cream mocchi from Beard Papa Sweets. [This one] is strawberry flavored with dark chocolate ice cream filling.
We’re going to wait for the New Year’s at the house of a friend of my dad. Any further pictures shall be posted here as well.
Now, for an obligatory year-ender:
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’ve never done before?
-Played pen-and-paper Dungeons & Dragons.
-Joined an art contest on DeviantArt.
-Taught Asian literature.
-Took a road trip to Pagudpud.
-Went to Baguio alone as a chief examiner for the PSHS entrance test.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn’t make any, and I doubt I’ll make any.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Singapore and Malaysia.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Focus and motivation. And probably a new love.
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
…none come to mind. Heh.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Wrote and organized a Dungeons & Dragons campaign with my students in a school with monstrous schedules, and actually DMing.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Failing to begin grad studies.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Bad colds and an annoying itch.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Dungeons & Dragons books, and probably C&C 3.
And a whole bunch of Starbucks frappuccinos.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Given how bleakly I saw 2007, I really don’t remember anyone in particular.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
You’re reading his blog right now.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food (mostly Starbucks), the gym and broadband internet.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The trip to Pagudpud and the Christmas trip to Singapore.
16. What song/s will always remind you of 2007?
Hmm. Fire in the Night by After Omega, Nightquest by Nightwish.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? – Sadder. Where do I begin? 😛
Richer or poorer? – Poorer. Prices go up yet salaries do not.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reading, drawing, prayer.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent it with family, playing on the Wii.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
22. How many one-night stands?
None and never.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, though does it count if I torrented it? 😛
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I tend not to hate people as long as they don’t participate in acts of oppression.
25. What was the best book you read?
-The Bible, goes without saying.
-To Kill A Mockingbird
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Within Temptation, After Omega, and Nightwish
27. What did you want and got?
Hmm. A new phone, new clothes, a trip abroad.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I don’t even remember. I think I angsted.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A knight is nothing without a lady.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Same old. Grungy, camo, earth colors. Slightly more flattering clothes when I was thin. Alas, that has changed.
32. What kept you sane?
The hand of God alone.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one in particular.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Can I say everything, given than I’m personally suffering from it?
35. Who did you miss?
Can’t say I miss anyone, because I haven’t met her yet.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Well, meeting Alodia Gosiengfiao in person counts, I guess.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Being a hero does not mean being a patsy.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
So far away we wait for the day
For the light source so wasted and gone
We feel the pain of a lifetime lost in a thousand days
Through the fire and the flames we carry on