Revised Matrix of Requirements for Batch 2013
What does this mean for Sapphire, Ruby and Opal?
-Long Test (The Secret Garden)—August 3
-Project (Book of Me: 1st Chapter)—Due September 4
I will give details in the days to come.
Now looking at the course outline for the first quarter:
1. Review of Parts of Speech
2. Sentence structure: Subject and Predicate
3. Subject-Verb Agreement
4. Present tense: Simple, Progressive, Perfect, Perfect Progressive
5. Elements of Literature
6. Elements of a Novel
7. Basics of a Speech
8. Outlining: Topic, Sentence
9. Expository Writing
10. Elements of a Play
It seems we are done with the first 6 lessons. Not bad for a scant two weeks. We just need to go over the grammar, so I don’t really need to give you more exercises for those. The remaining lessons can be covered in class.
As for the reading selections, we only have to discuss two poems: Stopping By Woods and Richard Cory. As far as I can tell we’ve made good time and we don’t really need to do anything this break.
This is also a good thing, because the school wants you guys to rest in order to avoid getting sick. The only things I will assign you to do are the following:
1. Finish The Secret Garden if you haven’t yet.
2. Study the grammar module again. Pace yourself; you don’t have to read the whole thing every day. Make sure you understand it and if you have any questions, let me know. Again, those who have not gotten the grammar module yet should get it here:
Please make sure you answer it if you haven’t done so already. You’ve got a lot of time. If you’re done with it already, then enjoy the rest of your break and relax.